Rain
It's been raining for two days here in Tulsa and I love it. I was raised in Houston, so I'm used to alot more rain than we get here. It gets so hot upstairs in this apartment with no central air.
When the storm started a couple days ago the wind was blowing fiercely. Everybody in the neighborhood came outside practically to see what was going on. It got real dark and cool out, no signs of any tornados or anything. I was hoping for the rain while my neighbor said it "looked nasty." I wonder why everyone always has this negative disposition about weather in Oklahoma. Can't it just be a nice day?
I like the atmosphere rain creates. And for a while good things used to happen after it rained, so I associated rain with good times or good fortune coming. Unfortunately, we had a drought in Tulsa a little while after I started thinking that way, oddly enough one of the rougher parts of my life (if life ever stopped being rough, I should do my next podcast on that).
When it did start raining again regularly, I didn't like it as much. Usually because I had to drive in it. I used to love that, but the blower in my car wasn't working, so the windows would fog up. Also, when the water got high, my electrical system acted like it wanted to go out.
Without the fear that anything would be ruined I don't mind the rain. I'm water-proof and so are many of my clothes.
My son is starting first grade in the morning and my daughter pre-k in the next week. I don't think I'll mind going back to school next week either. I really enjoyed this break. My brain really got a chance to breath. In fact all of this internet presence essentially arose during the summer. Very little of it came before.
I have Scott McCloud to thank for a lot of that I suppose.


1 Comments:
Rain is wonderful. especially if u can sit and listen to it hit the windows...my ex-boyfriend and i used to just sit and read to each other by the window when it rained. it was nice. people should embrace the rain. we need it.
Post a Comment
<< Home