The End

At the end of all things old is the beginning of something new.

7/27/2005

Black-Man

Although I've just went through the trouble of just redoing my blog, I think I've almost decided that I won't be doing this Black-Man comic in the haphazard, unplanned fashion that I have been doing it. This doesn't mean I'm giving up, it just means I actually want to write it first perhaps in chapters, before I start moving along with a continuity. I will probably just do random comics and art to display. That will build my online portfolio, while not making me look entirely unprofessional as this is not the only comic I ever plan on doing. It has a finite end even when I envisioned it.

I'm currently actually writing a story that is probably best planned as a novel that I will turn into a graphic novel to make it more accessible to that masses. Also, I'm planning a project with my brother, a compilation of sorts, that should be interesting. Expect more from me on this, but don't be surprise if things get held up.

What I've noticed over the course of my adult life is that I have let a series of ups and downs control my life and my creative output. When I tried to compare this to the first half of my life, I don't think my life was any more stable, but I still managed creative output. There was always change, bullies, crushes, punishments, all the drama that kids go through why they hate being a kid. It tends to get romanticized though. I've started to believe things were easier as a kid, but they weren't. Most days I didn't even want to go to school so I wouldn't get clowned. Got worse in high school.

As an adult, there have been 3 new kids, college, the unfortunate and unfair jail incident, being over 3 times in a week by the cops, and constant static with my wife that I allow to bring me down. I just think it's worse. I keep thinking thinking things will stop happening and be stable, but they never do. After this car break-in, I noticed this and realized it does no good to be depressed or let bullshit like this keep my creative side down. I used to hate "working through" stress, but now, I see it is a very good way to not only relieve stress, but to gauge how I really feel about the things that are going on in my life at that now.

Change will never stop. In fact it is the only constant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home