Controversy Sells

I hate to say it, but the biggest successes I've had in the short time I've had as an internet presence have from bullshit. Internet fights or flame wars, plugging myself at E3 time, and blogging or drawing porn or nudity.
I did one thing on porn or art and in a few hours I'd had hundreds of visits on flickr.com, but what was weird was that the photos right next in line wouldn't even be looked at. Same thing happened today, the semi nude I drew got way more hit then the art I personally favored just one click away.
My biggest amount of hits came from E3, fights with a bitch named VJ from another blog, a race battle with the racist fags at Opa-Ages.org (or whatever). I've had legitimate readers, but mainly the hollow hits and picture views are from bullshit, otherwise it's hard to get people to pay attention to me. It definitely gets to be draining after some time.
And not just visits to this blog, at stripcreator.com, no one looked at my comics until we started fighting about racism and shit. Otherwise no one would've even knew who I was.
If it must be controversy that gets them to me, I'm going to make sure I have something to sell next time, not just the words that they already have been disagreeing with.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home