Unleash the Dragon

iPod Lanyard
Originally uploaded by Ashiedu Nwadiei.
I have a work-out uniform that I've started to think of as a superhero uniform. This cut-off shirt w/dragon logo and a pair of black Nike shorts with a grey and white stripes on the side. The shirt says 1978 which is close to my actual birth year, but off by a year. (I was born on the last day of the last year of the decade.)
Whenever I was in the TCC gym slipping on my outfit and lacing up my shoes, I would feel like I'm Superman or somebody going out to fight the injustices of the world. When I put it on I meant business.
At that gym, I would do all kinds of things that were super-me if not super human. I could run longer, lift more weight, I just had all around better strength and endurance. I'd work out for about an hour and could do more, but from what I'd read it doesn't do your body much good to work out for that long and that hard. Also, I had to pick up my son from preschool everyday, I could stay for too much longer.
What's funny is that as soon as I'd be out of the gym, I would get winded going of a few flights of stairs. Go figa.
What's my kryptonite? Cigars.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home