The End

At the end of all things old is the beginning of something new.

7/31/2005

Porn v. Art the Conclusion/Synthesis (beauty for it's own sake is not wrong)



I keep on forgetting the human body is not wrong. I've always been tentative somewhat with my art, I suppose. Violence has always been more acceptible than nudity for some reason, however. I could draw a guy with limbs getting blown off in school and get away with it, but you'd get sent to the principle's office if you ever drew something tame like a woman't nipples.

What's crazy is that it wouldn't even be a woman engaged in a sexual act, she would just be nude and that was bad. I personally never got in trouble for anything like that, but I did get accosted by the girls in my class for drawing women with large breast. These girls were the type to pinch butts and talk about cute guys I should note.

Well, I never really drew many nudes when I was young (which would've been healthy) and my wife gets on this trip about porn being wrong even though she likes it, so I have a pretty screwed up idea of sexuality right now. So, these nudes are part of reclaiming my right mind.

A woman's body is not wrong. It's beautiful.

Additionally, I have been reading the subpar manga "Toykyo Tribes." I'm disappointed. I heard it was supposed to be good. They even use slang wrong some times. Anyway, the version I have is censored, which is okay, but I was wondering exactly was taken out. The violence was fairly extreme so far as I read. Further along I noticed they censored nudity and what looked like sex scenes. Why the fuck would nudity and sex be worse than violence? Even rape, that is flat out, not worse than two people heads being chopped off. Period.


Lately, I've realized that I've been subconsciously objectifying women. Usually just as fantasies or ideals, ideal wives or cool friends, but also, usually I tend to look at how cute a woman is before I even pay attention to her. I will admit I've had crushes on ugly women with good personalities, but from first looks if it wasn't for circumstance, I would've never spoken to that woman.


When did girls become the people who used to bother me when I draw in class, from friends with their own unique personalities and quirks, to blurs of asses and tits. When did they become solely sex objects instead of humans. I noticed this when a girl I was checking out said "hi" to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home