The End

At the end of all things old is the beginning of something new.

8/10/2005

Almost Finished! (Censorship is Inevitable I Guess)

Read the last post!

The site is nearly completely finished. I spent all of today trying to figure out a problem with FireFox on the Mac. It was weird because it was working fine in the long in the tooth Internet Explorer and Safari. Well, I rebuilt the thing from scratch with tables. In this case, ImageReady's HTML was just too jumbled to make any sense of. The slices were fairly clean, but still too many little spacer images floating around.

The HTML I did took longer, but it was way more efficient and works on all browsers. I wanted to spend today doing a few comics, but I wanted to make sure that FireFox users weren't left out. I accidentally leak my site with the uncensored content and was contacted by the Gutterflycomix administrators. He said he liked the comic, but I needed to change the language, chiefly "fuck" and "goddamn." I understand "fuck," but goddamn really isn't a curse word, well it is. It's one of the only ones (hell & damn curse people, while other "curse" words are just profanity, cursing no one). The slurring of the words "god" and "damn" are not referring to the Judao-Christian almighty god, but just in general, It might mean "Zeus." I got the slurring from a friend who actually was uncomfortable using it as the separate parts. It's telling said deity to curse something anyhow, not cursing him. It is subjective whether it's using his name in vain or not. I'm not going to argue about stuff like that anymore anyway.

I'm not going to argue about stuff like that. It's their site and I can get by censoring myself for a while. It'll be like working under the "comics code." Or the MPAA rating system. We have larger works coming up anyhow that don't require censorship. Even though my story stay fairly tame except for a few characters that act wilder than the rest. True enough many people curse in the comforts of their own home, but I hardly ever here people cursing in public and this is 2005 in the year of our Lord.

Anyway, look I'm off track. Well, most of the visitors who came during the period my site leaked were using FireFox, so it would be suicide not to fix it. It's done now, I just need testers.

Using Microsoft Windows or any other Mac browser other than Safari, FireFox, or Internet Explorer and care to test it for me you can go to Scenarios to tell me if everything is okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home