Shots Rang Out
I'm sitting up here trying to do a paper for Art History and a hear some loud clapping sounds a minute ago.
I yelled upstairs, what was that? I hear more clapping which I heard more clearly that could've been fireworks, but this ain't the 4th of July. My wife comes down and says, "I think those were gunshots..."
I figured as much. They sounded close. I wasn't exactly nervous, but I had her take Iyonna upstairs for good measure.
The street lamp went out momentarily when I looked out the window, so it was pitch black. I could see that security arrived, then back out again a little ways away. I couldn't see if they had anyone to chase.
The neighbors were all outside smoking, so I'm guessing they heard the same thing that I did. I would've asked them if they knew what was going on, but I figured they wouldn't know much more than me and at this point, I don't have time for chit chat. Actually, I could tell I would've asked one of them for a cigerette if I would've went over there.
Now, this will make me have to check the papers and all to see if something bad happened in my apartments. I hate to have to read the news at all. It's so gloom and doom. Have you noticed that one of the first portions of the news always just practically spits out bad things that happened around the world all at once with very little explanation? Like if it was essential to let the world know that bad things go on. A serial killer who targets black men might be important to me, but a guy who kills his buddy and throws him into the lake is not essential information.
Morning After Update:
My wife says she overheard someone saying that a bullet went into their apartment and that someone had been shot. There were police and ambulances out there, but I must've been too busy doing my paper to notice. I still haven't seen anything on the local news websites.
The paper sucked, no doubt about that, at least I feel I learned a little something extra.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home