Lot's Wife
I don't remember ever quoting a Bible verse, so I won't now either. While dropping my wife at work, I saw a sign that had a Bible scripture, the one about Lot's wife looking back at Sodom & Gamora and turning into a pillar of salt. That's another one of those that never truly meant much. I knew what it meant, but I guess I never had a personal thought to relate to it.
When I saw that, I thought about how hard life is at times and how people tend to make things harder on themselves. How can we do this when life can be hard enough on us already.
How can we look at drugs and what they do to our body and say, "we'll miss that." How can you look at alcohol, promiscuity, smoking, fast food, snack food, etc. and say we'll miss them, even if they are destroying our bodies. How can you look back at all the things that have complicated your life, often for the worse, and say we'll miss them?
I'm not mentioning them in any particular order for any particular reason, but I for one have a problem with smoking, eating, among other things. Even though I've stopped smoking for the most part for several years, it's still a struggle. I'll pick a Black and Mild up every once in a while. Snack food doesn't prove a problem except when it's in the house. My wife continues to buy it, so I'll eat it. These things are just two of my struggles. As bad as they make me feel physically, it's still hard to give them up.
Not just me, there are people close to me who have diabetes, but yet food is still a problem for them. How can you have a problem with something that may very well kill you?
That goes for anyone who's every had problems with loose sex, alcohol, or drugs like cocaine or meth. How can you love what kills you?
Now, I've never been that religious. Maybe I should say I haven't been in years, but I'm starting to think this Bible stuff (any religion that tells you to do right) makes sense.
If we can't just turn our backs on all this evil, greed, corruption and overall nonsense, maybe we all deserver to be turned into pillars of salt.
Peace.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home