The End

At the end of all things old is the beginning of something new.

5/19/2005

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (or Noisy A** Kids)

Man...that movie was...I don't know. I can't describe it. It's definately one of the best in the series. Thank goodness my wife was at work, so I could enjoy it guilt free and with no fussing on her part. I had to shell out an extra $8 for my older kids though. The ticket taker didn't even look, I could just bought one less and he wouldn't have noticed. Don't matter, I'm bound to cop that joint bootleg before it's over with and I did bring my own M&M and Milk Duds. I forgot the drinks though.

I'll spare any details as many people will go see this, but I will say Mase Windu went out like a soldier! I don't know who was harder, Yoda or Obi Wan...hmm.

What I wanted to talk about was the kids sitting behind me. The were yelling inappropriate things at the worst times. The first two times were when Anakin had went over to the Dark Side and the showed the close-up shots with him in the cloak. The were yelling stuff like, "look at that pimp!" The first time was annoying. The second time was a few minute later. I promised myself I would say something if they did it again.

I really had to restrain myself though, those kids were right in my ear with that junk and it made me jump. My heart was beating really fast and I couldn't think of anything nice to say. I wanted to come out with it then while I had the words in my head because if I waited until the wrong time, they might screw up a part of the movie.

The last time was the worst, they did it when Padme was confronting Anakin about his deeds, that was unacceptable. It was a MAJOR part of the movie. I was so pissed off I just blurted out, "Shut the FUCK up!" I was like ooh. I didn't mean to say that I didn't think their parents were around though. They were all in the Junior High range.

That was wild. I usually don't curse, I was raised Catholic, so it's in my system. I write cursing, but I still can't say it without feeling guilty. I didn't this time. I felt a little nude for a while, but when I saw nobody said anything and the kids didn't shoot back with anything I relaxed. It felt good after a little bit. I don't mind talking, clapping, cheering, anything BUT people trying to yell stupid stuff to disrupt the crowd. Especially not in my ear.

I went on to enjoy the movie, but a couple of times, I caught myself wanting to apologize. To tell them I didn't mean to curse. At the end of the movie they were out of there so quick I couldn't. No skin off my nose.

See that. I just recommend if you call some obnoxious people out that you think up some words to say before you get the tickets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home