The End

At the end of all things old is the beginning of something new.

5/16/2005

Phajja


Phajja
Originally uploaded by Ashiedu Nwadiei.

This is Iyonna's big sis Phajja. She is starting to do things that tickle me too. Yesterday, she did something I didn't teach her. When we were going to pick up my wife from work, I'll often have the kids climb in on one side, take their seats. I then would strap them in, Iyonna can't do it and Phajja is in a booster seat. Shyheim, my oldest can take care of it himself. Anyway, yesterday she gets in the car unlocks her door, then opens mine! I felt good inside when she did that. She had got in the habit of opening her door, but for her to open my door shows that she was trying to be helpful. Very good self imposed manners. She's very ladylike for a three-year-old going on four. I seriously don't know where she gets alot of her behavior and mannerisms from. Her mother doesn't act that way.

When I met her mother, she didn't even know that in the modern day version of chivalry, women are supposed to be helpful and participate too. When a guy open the door for a girl, she's supposed to lean over and unlock your door (That is unless you have power locks or keyless entry, then screw it). That's one of the top rules.

I know they say children don'r raise themselves, but I think she does a little bit. Hope she keeps this up when she starts school in the Fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home