From "Under Cork" to Overcoming - Black Images in the Comics
From "Under Cork" to Overcoming - Black Images in the Comics
I bought a book on this subject a little while back, it's wild to see how far black people's representations have come and how far we still have to go.
People often think it's a reverse racism thing when I say I want to do black comics or video games, but it's just the facts that people are going to want fair representations of themselves, the way they see themselves. I don't even find putting black people in roles that could've been played by any other race is sufficient. It's good, nothing wrong with it.
What's with black fiction? Why do the hero's or villians tend to get cast as cop/detectives and gangsters. Where are our different genres of fiction including fantasy and horror based upon our own wishes and fear within our culture?
In a while, I'm going to start shifting gears on this blog and make it more about my plans for my future and my art. That's what I intended originally. If I want people to know what I'm talking about I suppose I'll have to show them.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home