Church (and funerals)
When I went to church when I was younger and saw people jumping up and down, gettin the Holy Ghost I used to think they were being damn fools. I din't think it was at all necessary for them to run up and down the aisle and yelling. They looked like they were going to have a seizure.
Now that I'm older, I don't think the same. You would think it'd be just the reverse. For a religious person who believes in God, there is nothing wrong for them to make a fool of themselves to praise God. It could only make God happy.
Especially in the case of funerals this is true. You will never be albe to see the person you are paying respects to again. If you loved this person, you would only honor them by letting the world know you will miss them. Especially now I sympathize with this. I don't feel immortal anymore now that I'm over 25, so I can see a deeper meaning to death and loss. Why not kick, scream, cry hugging on to the casket? Who exactly are you worrying about? Isn't it your grief to experience?
What's so wrong with emotion anyway? Is it only exceptable to be happy in public or occassionally pissed because the guy in drive-thru forgot your fries?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home