On the Dark Side (alternately: On the Black Hand Side)
A couple of days ago, after picking my wife up from work, maybe Friday night, I got pulled over. I couldn't figure out why. I never speed and I don't break traffic laws. I wasn't worried, not even with the knowledge I didn't have my current insurance card on me. I sit there patiently, the cop creeps around shining the flashlight in my face like he was approaching a murder suspect. He asks me "did you know you had a light out?" Of course I didn't know. It only costs like $2 to replace a light, I don't have a problem with that. He wastes the time of running a check on my license, then lets me go. I was only slightly perturbed.
The following night. On my way to pick up my wife, I was pulled over again. I hadn't even gotten a mile from my apartment. Same thing. He tells me I have a light out. I wasn't polite to this one, but didn't really get a chance to be rude. I sat there impatiently drumming my legs. At great length, the cop returns with my license and tells me he is going to let me, go, but if it's going to be a while before I fix my light, get some red tape to cover it. Now, it was a while back that I was rear-ended, but I told him it wasn't my fault I was hit-and-run. I hate when people act like it was my fault. For any asshole that doesn't know how to drive, who wants to damage my vehicle, I don't have a couple of thousand dollars lying around for repairs. I drove off slightly more pissed and even more unthreatened than the night before.
The more I thought about it the more pissed I got. It didn't help sitting for 10 minutes for a passing train either. The cops have got the wrong guy here. I don't speed or break any laws. When I finally did get to my wife's work, I had her check the light to make sure I wasn't mistaking. The light was working. The only thing was some of the tape was loose and exposing the white lights. I was really pissed then.
Today, getting back from hell (finals) I talked to this (pardon me) white guy who tells me he had the morning from hell because he got a ticket. Now, this bastard says he's been pulled over 19 times (!) and this is his first ticket. He's the kind of guy that does 85 in a school zone when the light is blinking, for real. I've been pulled over for silly shit like my light and gotten tickets for not making a complete stop before exiting a parking lot. Now, the cops have seriously got the wrong bad guys here.
I think what they call this is compensatory justice. Where the rules a skewed in favor to the ruling class. This means, it serves no purpose to put another white man in his place. Am I wrong? Tell me so, but I'll just give you more evidence. The white man is not the bad guy to himself (this could be anyone kind of person, including subdivisions in the white race), so things like speeding tickets don't do anything to improve society in his eye. It's stopping people like me (black) that makes a difference. They think it shows us that the police are no joke, they're not messin around. They want us to fear them. They don't want to do this to their own kind. Well, they do their job alot of the time. Often I can't look someone of another race in the eye or say something a certain way without me thinking they will peg me as a thug or a crook.
When you see people like Will Smith in movies and Jamie Foxx winning oscars, you would think things have changed. Matter of fact is, things really ain't changed much under the surface of what we see on TV. They treat my six-year-old son like a criminal for acting like a typical kindergardener. If he was white, he would be mischievious. A Dennis the Menace, but since he's black, he's a part of the future prison population. I can hardly go into Blockbuster without being watched. I get followed in Oshman's even when I was wearing my Security Officer uniform. People scrutinize my idea when I use credit cards.
Excuse me, but no excuse me, sometimes America is a bitch. Blacks or even the poor blacks are not the real criminals. It's the politicians. It's the people who in order to keep themselves rich, they keep wages low to make slaves, and real estate high, so we can't own land. Why can't everyone own a house with a big backyard? After all around 90% of the entire US's land is unsettled! Somebody check the facts.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home