Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
This was a movie that I really thought could've been classic based on the trailer. I was so excited about it, especially since Mos Def was a main character. I checked out the website and it only increased my expectations. I got the audiobook with my Audible Listener account and loved it. The book was almost movie-like how it was written. It had fresh humor and perspective, along with interesting characters. No way could they screw this up. Any halfway decent director could've made a name for himself with this movie.
They did manage to screw the book up. All the characters were flat and unbelievable, and the changes from the book often times didn't make sense. A few of the changes made the whole thing a lot less believable. I've already chewed my wife's ear off about it and don't want to go on, so in short. Don't waste your money on this. Normally, I would endorse this movie, purely to support Mos Def, but it was just too bad. See the The Woodsman or and other of his movies if you want to see a good performance from Mos. Get the audiobook or book instead.
Even with all that, I'll probably end up getting a poster of Hichhiker's Guide to the Galaxy if they have any good one. All in all they'll end up getting around $30 dollars from me for my family's tickets and the possible poster, even though the movie wasn't that great.


2 Comments:
Hitchhiker was one of my favorite series of books in high school. I saw some of the publicity for the movie though and I thought, "there was a woman in it?" Shows how much I remember from high school. If they really turned it into a romance, they really missed the point. Mos Def was great in The Woodsman, as was the rest of the cast.
There definately shouldn't have been a romance, it didn't work. I only thought it was supposed to be a missed opportunity.
The towel thing didn't make any sense either. All it would've taken is 30 seconds to explain it and it would have made sense.
Post a Comment
<< Home