The End

At the end of all things old is the beginning of something new.

4/25/2005

Porn or Art


bra002
Originally uploaded by oilpainting.


From flickr.com, this particular person does alot of boob photographs. That made me think about whether this person thinks of this as art or pornography. To me, I don't see it's artistic value. It does look better than alot of porn, but I mean, wouldn't we all love better looking porn? Not really, I personally like my porn to look more down to earth. No better than the typical 70s and 80s variety. Most internet stuff does fine.

By Leo Tolstoy's definition, art should unite people. Something that presents experiences we can all share. So as you could say, experience the holocaust, without actually have been there. The result is supposed to be a cleansing of the spirit, or a catharsis.

I agree. This doesn't do anything for the upper reaches of my body. What it does is inspire lust. Or at most, make me appreaciate this woman's beauty. One could say the artist intent is not clear, but her naked breast are the focal point of this picture.

If I was to judge, I would say this is high class porn, but I'm not. I personally don't think there is anything wrong with the naked breast of woman or man. In fact why the heck do us Americans bother to wear such excessive clothing in the oddest conditions. What would be wrong with a woman that doesn't need a bra to go topless in 100° weather?

Peace.

1 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger KryptonBornSon said...

Yes, this could be. But that would mean that anything can potentially be pornagraphy or art, regardless of the nudity content. I agree with that. There are some TV shows and R-rated movies that are more, I guess I can say, eroticthan a XXX movie.

Also, people don't stop and consider how the woman must feel. She looks like she's having fun. She doesn't at all look exploited or embarassed. I guess that's when you start entering the realm of what they call a higherart. However, I'll repeat again. What did the artist intend? Did he just want to photograph a bunch of naked chicks? Or did he actually want to evok latent childhood experiences, universal to all man?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home