The End

At the end of all things old is the beginning of something new.

5/02/2005

Damn mice!

I have mice occasionally in my apartment. I probably doesn't help much that it's next to an open field. I usually get rid of them with traps. Rectently, I couldn't find the open face glue traps, so I got the no see kind of glue traps that kind of box them in. They don't work. Of the two mice I've seen, one was too big. I saw him get caught in it, but not well enough and escaped. Every time afterward the bastard would go around. There was a smaller one that got caught and was quickly disposed, and another which I hadn't seen before.

Now this bigger one. He's an asshole. He'll come right out in the open instead of running along the walls and eat any chance crumbs that my kids may have dropped on the floor. If I'm slick enough I'll try to throw something at him. Most of the time, he's so quick if I don't have something extremely close at hand, he'll be undercover before I can move.

The other day, I clapped real loud when he came out all bold. Sent the SOB two inches into the air! I figured now that I had him shook, my best bet would be to chase him out of the closet. I seen him run once behind a card table I had in there, but when I moved it, he wasn't there. So I empty all this junk out, jabbing my broom in the back corner, knowing he had to be in there. I wasn't hitting anything, so I took out the rest of the stuff...only to find he wasn't there. That was some crap straight out of Green Mile! I was pissed. I felt so defeated, I still haven't picked up most of the mess (or maybe I'm just lazy).

Today, now that I'm studying for my Chemistry final, here he came again. This time the chewing was loud. I tossed a green battery cover to a toy I had at hand and actually got him pretty square. Not stopping there, I figured I could chase him out of the boiler closet. I went in there poking and jabbing. Next thing, he's running out of there full speed. I half heartedly stamped at him, I really didn't want to crush him in my house shoes. I nearly got him with the broom handle though. Into the pantry we continued, I almost had him trapped behind a glass bowl. Just as I nearly corner him, he ran out. Behind the refrigerator I chased him, then behind the stove. I tried forcing him out with roach spray, but that didn't work. I heated up the broiler, I don't know what that would do, but I thought it might help. Some repositioning of the stove and a few pokes, I could've sworn I say streaks of grey run past my feet, but after that I couldn't see much. Well, that's it.

I'm gonna have to find some open face traps or get some mouse poison. Only problem with mouse poison is I don't want mice rotting in my apartment.

1 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger KryptonBornSon said...

No, but maybe I'll check it out from Netflix if it'll give me any ideas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home