The End

At the end of all things old is the beginning of something new.

5/07/2005

Star Wars Episode 2 Re-edit

I recently downloaded the Star Wars Episode 2 Re-edit. I've paid for 3 tickets at the movies and own the DVD, so I have a right to download it (in my opinion). I really didn't see the big difference. I thought the movie was good to begin with. I think they handle Jar-jar (the 3D black bafoon) pretty well in this one and the droids weren't an annoyance. The acting was a bit chessy, but I think they were trying to emulate the previous trilogy. For instance, Samual Jackson is a good actor, so the lines he delivered obviously had to have been for the sake of creating the character Mase Windu.

Some parts of the original bothered me, but they weren't corrected by the edit and were necessary to the original. The awkward romance between Anakin and Padmé was one aspect. I still wince when I think about how excepting Padmé was when Anankin told her he killed an entire village, including women and children. She just acted like it was a temper tantrum! This especially bothered me since I play the video game Knights of the Old Republic where they treated the Tuskans like they were real people even if they could be vicious. You got to disguise as them and sneak into their community.

Anyway, what I would like to see is the Re-edit to Phantom Menace. That was a horrible movie. I've only seen it twice, but I saw why I hated it the first time the second time I saw it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home